Sunday, June 12, 2011

profiling

There are several types of people on facebook.

People who have pictures of just themselves as their profile pic.

People who have a picture of their kid as their profile pic.

People who have a picture of their whole family as their profile pic.

People who have a picture of a cartoon or something like that as their profile pic.

I mostly fall into the category of the "whole family" pic. 

Here's why:
I do not have any pictures of just me.  I just cannot bring myself to stand in front of my bathroom mirror and pose for a picture.  I don't have the ability to stretch my arm out and take a picture of my face. (not without having 4 more than my normal triple chin.)

In my brain, if I post a profile pic of just myself, it's like hey, look at me, this is an awesome picture of myself.  It's better to have a family pic.  For one, it makes me look smaller, which is really not true, but that's what I think.  Also, it makes me think that people will not look at me because they are looking at my hubby and cute little daughter.

But I must admit that I admire those who have the single person photo of themselves.  They are generally the beautiful people of the world.  I'm pretty sure most of the notasbeautiful people have profiles pics of their kids, the whole family, or a cartoon.  Myself included.

This may or may not be true, but it's a theory that could be looked into if you were so inclined. 

I'm not so inclined.  I'd rather just think I am right with no basis whatsoever.

1 comment: