Sunday, July 10, 2011

to death

People like to say things like:

I laughed myself to death.

I was bored to death.

I ran myself to death.

I've found myself saying this lately more than I realized I ever did.

I am annoying myself to death with it.

I just did it again.

When I hear other people reference death, I tend to prickle up a little bit and sometimes have the urge to shake them a little.

I know it's just a figure of speech, but it bothers me.

I feel like we should take it seriously and be offhanded about it.

Death is serious stuff, right?

Just on my mind & wanted to throw it out there.

Sorry if I bored you to death.

But I guess if I did, then you won't be reading the sorry part because you already kicked the bucket and last time I checked, dead people don't read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment