Wednesday, July 27, 2011

not having to dial 911 while doing yard work is a plus

There was a bee's nest in the ground next to our well. 

Superfrydad discovered it while doing some yard work and proceeded to launch his attack.

I happened to look out the window and saw him walking across the yard with a big long pole that had cloth wrapped around the end of it. 

A man + gasoline + fire = disaster waiting to happen.

I got the phone ready in case I needed to dial 911.

He sat and watched the smoke and fire from a safe distance. 

I removed my finger from the 9.

Then he came inside and cut an empty coke bottle in half.  When I asked him what he was doing, he ignored me.

I put my finger back on the 9.

Obviously, he thought he needed to add a little bit more gasoline to the fire.

What is it with men and fire?

The next day he sprayed a whole can of Raid down in the hole. 

I'm pretty sure the bees are gone.

And we did not have to dial 911.

Mission accomplished.

Just like not getting stabbed is always a plus, not having to dial 911 when your husband is doing yard work is also a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment