Monday, July 11, 2011

princess bride

The Princess Bride is probably the best. movie. ever.

I guess I shouldn't say "probably" and "the best" at the same time because it kind of diminishes the awesomeness that "the best" should convey.

But it probably is.

I've found that there is a kinship between people who love the movie that those who haven't or who have but just think it's okay don't really have.

Here's a little list with values you can add and subtract to score yourself to see how much you really like the Princess Bride.

When someone says "My name is....", you immediately think, "Inigo Montoya.  You killed my father.  Prepare to die." +5
+5 more if you say it out loud instead of just thinking it.
-10 if you try to say that and don't do it right

When someone says the word "marriage", your brain says "mawwage" +3
+5 if you giggle to yourself
-10 if you don't know what I'm talking about

+20 if you know what an MLT is

-20 if you think the Princess Bride is animated

+15 if you know what an R.O.U.S is

-5 if you just tried to figure out what the letters stand for and then remembered.  Points given only if you know immediately.  Otherwise, you are not a true fan.

That's it.  There are more but if you didn't get any of that, I lost you a long time ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment