Friday, July 8, 2011

bipolar marriage

The other day my hubby & I were arguing....I mean, talking, and he said this to me:

"I really think you are bipolar."

I told someone this and they asked, "Was he serious?"

To which I replied, "Yes, totally!"  

And I'm not sure if the person's facial expression was genuine surprise or if it was masked horror whilst their brain was calculating the fastest route to the exit.

I must be crazy because I think I just used the word "whilst" in a sentence.

Anyway, back to the bipolar marriage issue.

Sometimes you don't know if your marriage is having a "taking it's meds" kind of day or if it's super crazy pants day where everything is sure to be hysterical (and I don't mean the funny kind of hysterical).

We have been married almost 17 years.  You'd think we could coast at this point.   No, no....17 years is when the relational mental illness sets in. 

And you know what? 

I kind of like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment