Friday, March 9, 2012

ode to orange sherbert

One of the benefits I enjoy as a school lunch lady is that I get to eat school lunch everyday. 

Shout out to the cooks at my school - they are very hardworking and go the extra mile for the students and staff. 

Anyway, this week was a good week in terms of school lunch because one day we had SHERBERT!

And a choice of sherbert at that.  Lime or orange. 

I chose orange.

I haven't had sherbert in probably YEARS. 

It was so delicious.

So today I went to the grocery store & bought a big container of it.  Nobody else knows it's in the freezer. 

I feel like I have a special secret nobody knows about.

The only bad thing about sherbert is that I hate when people spell it "sherbet". 

All other things about sherbert are wonderful. 

That's my ode to sherbert. 

What's your favorite frozen dessert?  (See that?  That question is my attempt at being a "real" blogger who fishes for comments.  I really don't care too much about your favorite frozen dessert, but if you feel like it, leave it here.  Certainly it's more exciting than orange sherbert.)

1 comment:

  1. Correction: After writing this post, I realized that Sherbet is correct and Sherbert is not. I don't care. I cannot bring myself to write "sherbet" and not say "sure-bay", which sounds ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete