Tuesday, March 13, 2012

my neighbor

Remember the TV show "Home Improvement", with Tim Allen? 

Remember Wilson, the neighbor guy who gave advice to Tim over the fence?

Well, I don't have a neighbor like that.

Technically, I don't really have any neighbors.  Most people would say I live in the boonies.

However, at the beginning of our driveway, a mile and a half away, there are a few houses.  I consider them my neighbors since they are the people who live closest to me.

Today I was coming home and passed a truck with 2 men inside.  I noticed that the truck did not have a license plate.  Our road is a gravel road and all types of 4-wheelers, dirt bikes and trucks seem to think it is a raceway for unlicensed motor vehicles, so it's not uncommon to pass a strange car or truck.

As I continued on, I saw a 4-wheeler ahead of me.  It was my neighbor.  He turned around at the bottom of my driveway, waved & went back out.   I unloaded some groceries and went inside.

A little while later, my phone rang.  It was my neighbor.  He said he was calling to check on me because he had passed that truck AGAIN on his way home.  The truck had turned around and come back my way and he wanted to make sure I was ok. 

Isn't that nice?

It kind of made my day.

Thank you, neighbor-who-watches-out-for-bad-guys-and-patrols-my-road-on-his-4-wheeler. 

Sorry, I couldn't think of a name for him.  Wilson was already taken, and The Watcher sounds like a bad horror movie. Maybe Superneighborman?

No comments:

Post a Comment