Saturday, March 3, 2012

word to your mother

Other titles for this post include:
Ode to my mom
I love my mom
Da bomb mom

It's not Mother's Day, it's not my mom's birthday.  It's not really any special day, but I just feel the need to publicly give props to my mom.

There have been times when I am sure that she wanted to shake me or throw me from a moving train over a trestle like in Water for Elephants.   But she never did.  (Thankfully)

I take it for granted that my mom lives nearby.  I take it for granted that my mom is healthy.  I take it for granted that I can call her up at 10:00 on a Saturday morning and she will be over in an hour, ready to go to Kohl's and Aldi.

She understands me unlike anyone else.
She loves my daughter unlike anyone else.
She is my mom and I am thankful.

Love you, mom.

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! I wish I had that relationship with my mom. Although I do have that with Shawn's mom:-)

    ReplyDelete