Friday, March 23, 2012

Cupcake Wars

The other day I posted about the Food Network.

I got one comment. 

But hey, that's one more comment than I usually get.

Anyway, the comment inspired me to comment further on something I did not mention:  Cupcake Wars.

If you've never had the pleasure of watching this show, you won't really get this post.  I would suggest dvr'ing Cupcake Wars to watch when your TiVo is empty and then come back and read this later.  Or, just go to another blog that talks about things that interest you. 

The first few times I watched Cupcake Wars, I didn't care for it.  I just didn't see what was so great. 

However, now that I've watched a few times, I kind of like it.

That's not to say I can't find anything to pick at.  I can generally find something to annoy me in just about anything.  Cupcakes Wars is no different.

The host is the Food Network version of the guy who hosts the Bachelor.  Who, by the way, used to host "Designer's Challenge" on HGTV.  I always liked that show. 

Anyway, back to Cupcake Wars.

The host is kind of corny.  I know he only reads the lines that someone has written for him, but let's get real here.  Nobody thinks it's funny.  Just get on with it.

The ingredients are sometimes really gross in the first round.  I've seen cow tongue, absinthe, oysters, and many other ingredients that should never be put in a cupcake. 

The redeeming factor on Cupcake Wars is Florian Bellanger.  He's like the Simon Cowell of Cupcake Wars.  He tells it like it is and he is usually right.

And his name is Florian, which is kind of a cool name.

Bobby Flay can't say "Florian".  He would say "Fwowian".  Just sayin'.

1 comment:

  1. Cupcake Wars gets chosen over cartoons in this house. I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing since it's a 5 year old boy making that decision.

    ReplyDelete