Saturday, January 21, 2012

pinterest pet peeves: a list

I mentioned that I am addicted recently discovered the world of Pinterest.

Pinterest, like everything else at one time or another, sometimes annoys me.

Don't get me wrong.  I really like Pinterest, but there are a few things that get on my nerves.

Pinterest Pet Peeves

1.  Thinspiration.  Looking at pictures of anorexic models doesn't inspire me to lose weight.  It makes me want to eat a half gallon of ice cream and then some chips.  Also, I hate it when people say "thinspo" instead of "thinspiration".  The term "thinspiration" is annoying enough on its own without making it into a more annoying un-word, thank you.

2.  Ryan Gosling.  The "Hey Girl, I really like the way you knit" pins are way out of control.  Just sayin'.

3.  Coordinated Outfits aka "My Style".  Admittedly, I have no style, so maybe I should not criticize this.  However, I find no satisfaction in looking at an outfit that I would never fit in, never be able to afford, nor have anywhere to wear.  Again, going back to #1, it just makes me want to eat some chips or something.

4.  Tattoos.  I don't hate tattoos.  I just don't like all of the caged bird, swallows flying, and just generally lame tattoos.  If you get a tattoo, my advice is to not get your idea from Pinterest.  Go with what you like, but remember to make sure it's one that won't make your nurse laugh when she gives you a sponge bath in the nursing home.

5.  Animals.  Everyone knows I'm not an animal lover.  And it's not animal pins that I don't like.  After all, I did pin the pig in boots.  Cute animals are fine.  It's just the ones that are not really that funny or cute that annoy me.  Just because it's an animal doesn't mean it should be pinned.

6.  Comments.   If a comment is too long, I don't read it.  I like to waste my time efficiently, and long comments just aren't worth it most of the time.  Also, I don't like when comments become a conversation.  That's what a phone is for.  Or even facebook, because everyone expects this annoyance there.  Pinterest should be like Twitter and have a word limit.  The longer the comment box, the more I have to hit scroll and that's annoying.

I'm sure there are other annoying things about Pinterest that I'm missing here, but for now, that's the list. 

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to go check the boards & see if there are any snarky quotes I can pin that will make me feel funny and clever.  Later, ketchup fiends. (No, I did not mean to type "friends".  If you read KWTF, I assume you know the difference.  If you don't....get out of here before I smack you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment