Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Angry Birds is going to help me conquer my NYR

Angry Birds is going to help me conquer my New Year's Resolution.

How's that, you might ask?

Superfrykid got a Kindle Fire for Christmas.

I love it.

She loves it.

It's great b/c she can use it for lots of different things and since she's an only child, we don't have to hear anyone fighting over it.

Also, I realllllly am starting to like Angry Birds. 

I never understood why people liked this game.  Seemed kind of dumb to me.

What's so great about sliding your finger across a screen and trying to kill green pigs?

I'll tell you, there's nothing like the satisfaction of completing a level that you've tried to beat 122 times in a row.

Angry Birds is my new favorite game.  I realize that it's probably "out" since I've now discovered it, but whatever, that's the story of my life.

Our church is reading the Bible through in 2012.  (As our pastor says:  "All the way through in two-oh-one-two" - kind of corny, but it's also kind of catchy.)  I've tried to do this many times and always kind of fizzle out after Leviticus.  However, this year I have a plan.

Since I can get the Bible on the Kindle Fire, I am simply going to read my assigned Bible chapters BEFORE I allow myself to play Angry Birds.  Genius, right?

I think this is a great arrangement.  But I can't help but thinking it's kind of like doing 10 jumping jacks and allowing yourself to eat 5 Krispy Kreme donuts. 

Shouldn't I just read the verses and not have to have an incentive other than spiritual need and personal growth?

Don't answer that.

Also, now I'm hungry for a Krispy Kreme.

Excuse me while I go do a few jumping jacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment