Wednesday, September 21, 2011

QVC

I watch QVC.  Kind of a lot.  More than the average person does, probably.

I generally do not purchase things from QVC.  (WalMart aka the Ghetto of the Twilight Zone is always cheaper.)

As I said, I generally do not purchase items from QVC, but I have ordered a few things.  I don't really watch it for the items.  I just like to watch it because I don't have to think.  It's kind of like having company at your house only you can wear your ratty old sweatpants and they don't care.

It all started when I had my first child.  I was up at all hours of the night and there are a few hours during the night when there is literally NOTHING on TV.  Even if there might be something halfway decent on at 3:30 am, it's sure to be a rerun of whatever I just watched at 11:30 pm.  So I turned to QVC. 

In my past life (the one where I had no children, was skinny, and was in my twenties), I would have ridiculed those who watched QVC.  Now, this chubby mom in her 30's is addicted to QVC. 

I often wonder how this happened.  (Not the becoming a mom part or the chubby part or the older part - I do know how all of those things happened.)

How can I really have any self-esteem if I am so easily amused? 

Not sure why I'm putting this out there, but I guess the first step to recovery is admitting I have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment