Monday, September 26, 2011

baptism cannonball - is that a faux pas?

Superfrykid got baptized yesterday.  It was a big deal for her.  She was SO excited. 

5 people were getting baptized.  She was first.  The pastor stepped into the baptistry first and she waited on the stairs while he was giving his introduction.  I went over to the opposite side so I could take a picture.

This meant that she was standing there by herself practically jumping up and down while the pastor was talking.  I thought she was just going to cannonball into the water. 

Which led me to wonder if cannonballing into the baptistry is a faux pas?

I guess it depends on the kind of church you go to.

I'm not sure if that would be frowned upon in ours or not, but I'm sure there would be giggles.

I guess some people would say that it depends on "the heart" behind the cannonball. 

The Bible is silent on baptism cannonballs, but here's are my theories:

If you are cannonballing in b/c you are so happy to proclaim your love for God, then I think it could be ok.

If you are cannonballing in b/c you like to show off and you aren't taking it seriously, then that's not cool.

In all seriousness, it was a great day and I am so proud of my daughter.  (and also relieved that she did not cannonball)

No comments:

Post a Comment