Tuesday, September 13, 2011

eating crow with cheese on top

Remember the fight over cheese slices?

We had promised to never mention it again.

Saturday morning, I got up and decided to be nice and make breakfast for my family.  I started frying some bacon and then started on the pancake mix.  I measured the Bisquick and the milk into the bowl and then reached into the fridge for the eggs.  I couldn't find my eggs.

I had just purchased eggs on my trip to the Ghetto of the Twilight Zone aka Walmart, so I knew the eggs were in the fridge.  I moved things around and they were nowhere to be found. 

I asked Superfry dad if, perchance, he happened to have made a 12 egg omelet when I wasn't watching.

He gave me a look and responded that he did not, in fact, make a giant omelet nor use the eggs for any other purpose.

I asked him to look in the fridge and see if he could find the eggs that I KNEW I had just purchased.  He did, and did not see them.

He offered to go get some eggs.  Such a nice hubby.

Superfrydad:  "Do you want me to go to the "localstorename" store or do you want me to go to Food Lion?"

Me:  (hissing)  "yesssssss...GO TO THE LOCAL STORE!"

I ate my crow with cheese slices on top.

After he returned with the eggs, I proceeded to finish the pancakes and we had a nice breakfast.

As I was putting away the butter, guess what I found?

A brand new carton of eggs in the deli drawer.

He never said a word.

He's a keeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment