Monday, August 1, 2011

unpeeve

I looked back on my post labels, and most of them are marked as pet peeves.

I must be a really picky person if that's all I can blog about.

So I thought I'd give a shout out every once in a while to some "unpeeves".  That is, things that do NOT bother me, but actually please me.

Yesterday, I happened upon an unexpected unpeeve. 

After driving almost 2 hours, I had to use the restroom.  Superfrydad stopped at a gas station.

Now, let's just break here and let me say that on the scale of acceptable bathroom stops, a gas station ranks just above weeds next to the road.

However, this gas station bathroom was an "unpeeve".  It was big, it was clean, it was stocked with paper products, and the lock on the door worked.  All of these things pleased me, hence it's "unpeeve" status. 

So, random gas station, you have the honor of the first "unpeeve" of KWTF (Ketchup with the Frys)

Congratulations.  If I had the readership of Pioneer Woman, I would give you an iPad, a stand mixer, or an Anthropologie gift card.  Since I don't, you get nothing.   Except my approval.  Which should be highly valued, because clearly I have a lot of pet peeves.  But you are not one of them.  Unless I stop there again and you disappoint me. 

Now that I think of it...there was one annoying thing about you.  There was a handwritten sign that said "Pull" on the inside of the toilet stall door. 

Here's the thing:  If you need a sign to tell you to pull after you pushed unsuccessfully, you probably shouldn't be going to the bathroom unsupervised.

No comments:

Post a Comment