Friday, August 12, 2011

mis-manners


I mentioned yesterday that I went to the movies with 2 friends, which led to the dilemma of to hug or not to hug. 

My girls night out not only gave me blog fodder for yesterday, it gave me some for today too.  Not too shabby, as my life is generally uneventful and many of the things that annoy me have already been covered here at KWTF.  I do have a pretty big stockpile of things that annoy me though, so never fear.

Sidebar:  We saw "The Help", based on the book by Kathryn Stockett.  The book was good and so was the movie.  Usually I avoid movies based on books because they are never as good.  This was an exception.

Anyway, back to the blog fodder for today.  Today I want to talk about mis-manners.  Not Miss Manners, the person.  Mis-manners, like manners that miss the mark.  Rudeness, if you will.

Like I said above, we went to the movies.  We went to the 10 pm show because all of us have kids and it's a convenient time to leave our children unattended - I mean, with our husbands. 

We were the first ones in the theatre, so we chose seats about 4 rows down from the top right in the middle.  A few more people came in and followed the rule of not sitting close to someone else.  Some sat down front, some went all the way to the top. Some went to the right, some went to the left.  Then a group of young girls came in and sat in the row behind us. 

Why would they sit right behind us?  Because they have mis-manners. 

We paid $10 to get in and $59.95 for a soda and one jujube.



By the way, I just googled how to spell Jujube and got a website I did not expect.  I may never eat another Jujube again thanks to RuPaul.

Anyway, back to the annoying girls.

They sat right behind us.  I'm guessing there were approximately 95 other seats they could have chosen, but they chose to be near us. 

Talking, kicking the seat, farting and then making the seat squeak like there were more farts, and using their phones. 

At the risk of sounding old and fuddy-duddy, let me just say that if you are going to pay money to come to the movies, wouldn't you watch the movie?  Or choose a movie that suits you?  I mean, isn't Smurfs out yet? 

The real Miss Manners is clearly slacking.  We need someone to rise up and become a Super Hero version of Miss Manners.

She could fly in to movie theatres and pluck out people who talk on their phones or kick your seat.

True story:  One time I was at a dance recital for my niece and this old woman kicked the back of my seat for about 20 minutes.  Finally I turned around and requested that we switch seats so she could see better and also not kick me.  She agreed and I held my leg down the rest of the time to keep from getting her back.  See what a nice person I am?

Gotta go now.....I have a cape to sew.

If I put MM on the cape, nobody will confuse me with Eminem, right?



2 comments:

  1. No, not Eminem, but they might confuse you with me! I am way cool, or at least I like to think so! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!!! I can't believe I missed this one! You literally make me laugh out loud :) :) :) LOve it couldn't have said it better myself & I was about to be the super hero :)

    ReplyDelete