Saturday, June 23, 2012

the annual shaving of the beast

Today was the annual shaving of the beast.

Also known as giving our dog his summer hair cut.

I was informed by my only KWTF reader one of my readers that for an animal un-lover, I sure do post a lot about animals.  Yes,  yes, I do.  I don't know why.  I don't like to cook, but I've been posting some recipe tutorials.  I don't really like animals, but I blogged about giraffes and donkeys.  What can I say?  I am a hypocrite, I guess.  Whatever.  It's my blog and I will post what I want.  Na-nee-na-nee-boo-boo.

Anyway.....so this is about Woodrow, who is our kind of old and very stinky dog.  He looks like a bear and his hair is really thick.  He gets one haircut a year, which usually takes about 2 hours to do.  We've taken him to groomers before but we don't do that anymore because:

      a.  One time, Woodrow jumped out of the back of Superfrydad's truck on a main road.
      b.  After that, SFD decided to let him ride up front in the truck and Woodrow puked.  SFD grabbed a handful of napkins, scooped up the blob of puke and tried to throw it out the window.  I say "tried" because his window was up so he splattered the puke blob all over his window.
      c.  Groomers are expensive and we are kind of poor.  Or cheap.  Some of both, really.

I did not get a "before" picture....this is side one being shaved.  
I personally think he should have given him a doggie mohawk all the way down his back.  

This is the pile of hair from side one.


A close up of the pile of hair from side one.
If there was a "Locks of Love for Dogs", Woodrow would be their best donor.


 After.  Nice and cool for summer.

And, for the record, last year I posted this about my dog, and it spent a brief time on the list of most popular posts at KWTFs.  I'm sure there are only 1 or 2 people out there who will understand that this totally irritated the you-know-what out of me.   But here I am again, posting about my dog's haircut.  I think I've come undone, people.  This is my life.  Posting about a giant pile of dog hair.  Someone.  please.  help.  me.


No comments:

Post a Comment