Tuesday, February 14, 2012

chocolate covered ketchup

Here's a little ketchup dipped in chocolate (aka a post-Valentine's Day wrap up):

I helped in Superfrykid's 1st grade class today during the party.  And by helped I mean I went and wandered aimlessly trying not to get sneezed on while the teacher & other mom did all the work.

Let me just say this:  Valentine's Day is a pain in the you-know-what for teachers.  The chaos of passing out Valentines pretty much made me twitch for about 2 hours after I left.  If I were a teacher, I would tell the kids that Valentine's Day is like the planet Pluto.  It is no more. 

Several of the Valentines that I saw today were from Pinterest.  They were adorable.

Here's the danger of Pinterest.  You darned if you do and darned if you don't.

If you make the adorable Pinterest Valentine:
a.  your hands cramp for days because you were cutting out some intricate pattern 25 times
b.  you spend money and time on something that is ultimately thrown in the trash
c.  you irritate the other moms who are not as crafty nor as cool

If you do not make the adorable Pinterest Valentine:
a.  your child whines about it because they thought you were going to make something awesome
b.  your generic valentine gets thrown in the trash first and is lucky to even make it home.  Therefore it is a waste of paper, time, and possibly $1
c.  you feel guilty that you made your child use the valentines you bought on clearance last year that did not even have envelopes or candy included.

Guess which one I am?  Yes, that's right.  I'm the one who pinned a plethora of ideas on my little board but instead made my child use the uber generic ones I got on clearance last year that did not include envelopes, candy or even a pencil.

Oh well, such is life.  If you want to follow me on Pinterest, click on the red button to the right.  You can see all of the cute ideas I thought I might try but never even attempted. 

Now, please excuse me while I go raid my daughter's Valentine's stash for a piece of chocolate. 

1 comment:

  1. This is yet another reason why I am so glad I have boys. As long as there is a piece of candy attached, they could not give two craps whether I bought it at the store or made it. In fact, they'd probably look at me like I was a retard if I tried to make something crafty. Justin is "too cool" and too old for Valentine's this year. James did Star Wars valentine's, which were little platic bags with a sucker inside with the Valentine message literally printed on the plastic bag. He was peachy with it. :)

    ReplyDelete