Thursday, October 6, 2011

stink bug gravy

I hate stink bugs.  You hate stink bugs. 

I think it's pretty much widely accepted that there is not a person on the face of the earth who likes stink bugs.  Except maybe the guy who makes those $20 stink bug traps out of an old 2 liter soda bottle and an LED light from the Dollar Tree.  He's making money, so it's possible that he tolerates stink bugs merely for their ability to create profit for him.

Today I made roast beef in the crockpot.  I even made gravy.  I didn't use all of the broth from the meat, so when I was cleaning up from dinner, I poured out the small amount that was left in the crockpot.  I noticed something that didn't quite look right.

It was a stink bug. 

There are 2 options here:
1.  The stink bug flew into the pot AFTER I poured out the broth to make the gravy.
2.  The stink bug cooked all day in the crockpot along with the meat.

I prefer to believe that option #1 is the truth. 

I just can't bring myself to admit that I may have served stink bug gravy to my family. 

Ugh.  I'm off to buy a 2 liter of Coke to chug so I can make my own trap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment