Saturday, October 22, 2011

Today is

Today is the day our first child was born.

She lived 102 days.  They were wonderful days....probably the happiest days of my entire life.

She would be 9 years old today.

I wonder what she would have looked like at age 9.
I wonder what kind of cake she would have asked for.
I wonder what she would have wished for when she blew out her candles.

Her birthday still makes me sad after all these years.  But it also makes me thankful. 

I am thankful that we were able to enjoy and love her for the days that she was here.
I am thankful that we held her almost every waking moment and even when she was sleeping.
I am thankful that we were blessed to be her parents.
I am thankful that she has a little sister who brings us joy and happiness every day.

I hope that those lucky few who got to meet her will remember Mady today and smile.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about her just last week....knowing that her birthday was coming up and said a prayer. One of my favorite pictures ever is of Kaycee holding her on your sofa. I think we stopped by on our way to a Halloween party at the public library so Kaycee was wearing her costume. Thinking about that day definitely made me smile.

    ReplyDelete