Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Dora

If you have a small child, you likely have watched at least 500 episodes of Dora the Explorer.

Saw this on Rachel Held Evans and it made me laugh.

Here are my thoughts about Dora:

1.  She shares her first name with my mother-in-law.  When Superfrykid realized that her grandmother's real name was Dora, her eyes got REALLY big.  She thought we were kidding.

2.  Dora is annoying, but if my toddler watches the TV and gives me 20 minutes to take a shower, I'd say that is something that I can overlook.

3.  Dora is better than a lot of other annoying cartoons.  Think about it:  Maisy, Oobie, and Caillou are WAY more annoying.  AND, they are also kind of creepy.  That alligator on Maisy is nightmarish, Oobie is somebody's hand and who knows where that's been, and if Caillou were real, I would be uncomfortable around him.

Happy July 3rd.  Sorry this wasn't patriotic.  Maybe between now and tomorrow I will find something patriotic to post.  Or not.  Maybe I'll just be being patriotic instead of blogging about it.  We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment