Monday, May 28, 2012

jabba the hutt ball

Today I made cake balls.

It's Memorial Day, so I decided to use white chocolate candy coating and sprinkle with festive red, white, and blue sprinkles.  I can't bear to call them jimmies, can you?  It just sounds weird.

Anyway, I've never made cake balls, but how hard can they be?

You just crumble up a cake, smush in some icing, roll into a ball and cover in chocolate.

Easy.

Or so I thought.

I put my mix in the fridge overnight, rolled out the balls and then popped them into the freezer for an hour like the internet commenters suggested.

They also suggested using skewers to poke into the cake ball to dip into the chocolate.

Somehow, my skewer left a hole and I ended up with a cake ball that looks like it's throwing up.  It even has eyebrows.  I named it Jabba-the-Hutt-ball.

  
This really sums up how my life is.  I tried to make cute, festive, Memorial Day cake balls.  I ended up with an angry, barfing, blob of cake that resembles a member of the Star Wars cast.

Oh well, that's not what Memorial Day is about anyway, so who cares if my cake balls are ugly?

btw.... on Friday, I posted my favorite patriotic hymn on facebook.  If you didn't listen to it, take a minute now and give thanks to God and to those who have given their lives for us.  Happy Memorial Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment