Friday, January 10, 2014

truth

Sometimes the truth hurts.

This phrase has been rolling around in my head for awhile now.

I looked up some other truth quotes and found these:

There's a world of difference between truth and facts.  Facts can obscure the truth.  
Maya Angelou

The truth is rarely pure and never simple.  
Oscar Wilde

The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.  
James Garfield

The truth is, I went to the doctor this week and I weigh 210 pounds. 210.3 to be exact. That's the truth.  Somehow, I feel like putting it out there, into the light, will help.

The truth is, it won't help.  It will just make some of you gasp in shock and some of you wonder what my driver's license says.  

It doesn't say 210, I can tell you that.

I turned 38 a few days ago.  I am past the point in life where it matters to me if people know the number of my age or my weight.  It is what is it.  Sometimes the truth hurts.

But, like Maya Angelou says, facts can obscure the truth.

The fact is, I weigh 210.
The truth is, I am healthy and grateful to be so.

The fact is, I just told everyone how much I weigh.
The truth is, who cares?  If you like me or don't like me based on that fact, I'm pretty sure I don't like you anyway.

The fact is, I'm going to try to lose some weight.
The truth is, I'm scared to hit post but I'm going to do it anyway.

Me, after I accidentally sat on a s'more.  Food clings to me.



No comments:

Post a Comment