Saturday, May 18, 2013

Disney: Magic Kingdom

Disney Post 3 of 6:  Magic Kingdom
(see bottom of this post for links to other posts)


We spent 5 days in Disney World.  We arrived on Sunday morning, checked in at the Wilderness Resort (our room was ready-yay!), and headed out to the Magic Kingdom.  

Since it was after lunchtime when we arrived, we only had time for a few things before we had to head back to the resort for our dinner reservation at Whispering Canyon Cafe.  

First, we met Mickey Mouse.   


Then, we got a FastPass to meet the Princesses.  If you are planning to go to Disney World, use the FastPass system to your advantage, it really cuts down on waiting in line.  

Rapunzel was the BEST!  She was a lot of fun!

We went over to Adventureland, where we had the infamous Dole Whip, which is pineapple soft serve and can be served with pineapple juice as a float.  I read many things online about the Dole Whip before we went, and I was determined to get one.  I can honestly say that it did not disappoint, and was one of my favorite things.  Also, it counted as a snack on the Disney Dining Plan, which was awesome.


We went to the Swiss Family Treehouse, Enchanted Tiki Room, and saw a little street performance by Pirates of the Caribbean.  


We also saw part of a show in front of the castle.  I'm sure the show has a name, but I can't remember what it was called.  Accurate information is my specialty, as you can see.

We headed back to the resort, where Superfrykid wanted to check out the pool.  The pool was great and she asked approximately 24,000 times if we could go to the pool again.  I'm thinking the next time we go to Disney, we can save some money and not buy tickets for the parks.  She would be happy to swim all day.


We had dinner at Whispering Canyons Cafe, located in the Wilderness Resort.  It's a fun place to eat and we enjoyed it the last time we were at Disney World.  The highlight of the evening was when Superfrydad and the other men in the restaurant had to sing and do the motions for "I'm a Little Teapot".  I have video and will gladly show it to personal friends if asked.  I will not post it here because I respect my husband I keep getting an error message when I try to upload it.

After dinner, we headed out to Hollywood Studios to watch Fantasmic!, the water, light and fireworks show.  One of the online tips I read said to pack glow in the dark items from home to avoid purchasing the expensive light toys that are for sale at the parks.  I did pack the glow in the dark items, but I left them in the hotel.  So guess what we bought?  That's right, a giant light-up sorcerer wand with Mickey Ears on top.  

So all in all, I think our first day at Disney was a success.  

Disney Post 1 of 6:  Disney Planning 101 with KWTF
Disney Post 2 of 6:  Packing Must Haves and Road Trip Tips
Disney Post 3 of 6:  Magic Kingdom
Disney Post 4 of 6:  Hollywood Studios
Disney Post 5 of 6:  Animal Kingdom
Disney Post 6 of 6:  Food at Disney




No comments:

Post a Comment