Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Crusty Ketchup, Vol. 2

We all know I'm not organized enough to have any type of weekly wrap-up or monthly highlights or anything like that.

So this is what I like to call Crusty Ketchup.

Today happens to be the second installment of Crusty Ketchup.  You can read the first one here.

If you were too lazy to click on the first one, basically Crusty Ketchup is just stuff I think is interesting or funny that I just pile into one post.  It's likely that most of the stuff is already old because that's just how I roll.   However, maybe you might find a nugget of awesomeness to dip into the Crusty Ketchup.  

1.  Did you know that "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" and the "ABC's" are the same tune?  This was pointed out the other day by my brother-in-law, Sonofadutch.  All of our minds were blown.  As he put it, "I've had to reassess everything up to this point in my life!"    I agree.  I was completely blindsided by this information.  How have I lived on this earth for 36 years and never knew this?   

2.  Justin Bieber puked onstage.  Twice.  So gross.  But funny.  Also funny is the Anime version.  Only funny if you think barf is funny.  I happen to draw the line at barf.  Poop is funny.  Barf is gross.  I'm classy like that.  Decide for yourself what is right for you.

3.  Lady Gaga also puked onstage.  Not twice.  Three times. Like I said in #2, I happen to draw the line at barf.  (But I am laughing because I said "#2", which is a poop reference. Therefore, I find it funny.  I apologize to those of you who have no sense of humor.)

4.  Completely changing gears.....I read this post on a blog called America's Next Top Mommy.  I have lately been thinking about that too.  How do you not spoil your child?  How do you teach your child to be grateful?

5.  I like this post on Rachel Held Evans.  I think I've said this before, but I'll say it again:  I don't always agree with everything on her blog, but I do like her writing and she always gives me something to think about.

Hope you found something in this volume of Crusty Ketchup worth dipping your fry into.  If you didn't, you're probably a health food nut who never eats fries.  And also doesn't laugh at poop references.  It's ok.  I still like you.  Unless you are someone I don't like.  But so far, there's only been maybe one person who has told me they read my blog that I don't like.  Hopefully it's not you.  But I know one person who will be paranoid that it's them.  If you are the paranoid person:  it's not you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment