Friday, October 12, 2012

A Year of Biblical Womanhood

So, I know I've mentioned Rachel Held Evans and her blog here before.

She wrote a book called Evolving In Monkeytown, which I own on my Nook.

She also wrote a book called A Year of Biblical Womanhood, which officially releases on October 30th.

Rachel's blog - like how I feel like we are on a first name only basis? -  gave readers the opportunity to apply to be a part of the "launch team" for Thomas Nelson, the publisher.  I applied, thinking I would never, ever, be chosen.

Guess what?

I was.

Can I tell you how excited I am?

I mean, this is like a national book launch for a real writer and a real book.

So, I'm thinking that you should get a copy too.  You can order now from Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

That way, when I'm talking about it you will have some idea of what I am talking about.

Actually, that's not why you should get a copy.  Understanding what I am talking about has nothing to do with it.  You should get a copy because I think it's going to be a book that will be a great conversation starter.  I mean, the full title of the book is A Year of Biblical Womanhood:  How a Liberated Woman Found Herself Sitting On a Roof, Covering Her Head, and Calling Her Husband "Master".

You had me at sitting on a roof.  Because even though I would consider myself a church-y kind of gal, I've never heard that one before.  I'm ready to think more deeply about this topic of biblical womanhood.  Is biblicalness (that's a made up word) really what Christian women should be striving for?  I guess it depends on how you define "biblical".  I think this book will be an outside of the box way of looking at biblical womanhood.  I like outside the box.  I'm pretty sure God is outside of the box and that's where I want to be too.

PS - The official launch team is going to have a "cool secret facebook group".  If I'm being 100% honest, that was really why I applied to be a part of this group.  "Cool" and "Secret" are generally not words that I associate with myself.  Unless I'm referring to deodorant.

PPS - If you are from Thomas Nelson and you just read that last paragraph, I was kidding.  I think this book is going to be awesomesauce!  If you ARE Thomas Nelson, why are you here?  Are you even real?  If you are, you probably have an assistant to read stuff like this and then ignore it for you.



No comments:

Post a Comment