I don't really like unsolicited advice.
What I mean is that I don't really like to receive unsolicited advice.
However, I kind of love to give unsolicited advice. I don't want to be like that, but if I'm honest with myself, it's something I do all the time. Some might say I'm bossy. I think of it as being helpful. It's all about perspective. Change yours and I'll seem nicer. See? Isn't that helpful? (I think I may have just sounded like Sheldon Cooper. Bazinga.)
Anyway, if you, like me, don't like to receive unsolicited advice, I would advise that you stop reading now. I just did it again, didn't I? Sorry. Look, just keep reading. Ugh, I did it again. I can't help it.
If I'm organized enough, I'll add to this list later as I think of more suggestions on how you should live your life. Lucky for you, I'm usually not that organized.
The first 3 things I want to share are actually from Oprah. I've watched a lot of Oprah shows, and I don't agree with all of her life philosophies, but these are the things that have stuck with me.
1. Trust your instincts. This is my favorite piece of advice. It applies to every person and any situation. God gave you a "gut feeling" for a reason.
2. Never let yourself be taken to the second location. Thankfully, I've never had to use this in my life. But it's a piece of advice that could save your life, so I think it's important.
3. When people show you who they are, believe them. I can't really add much to this one, except that sometimes this is a painful lesson to learn.
4. Be content. It's okay to be different and not have the same things or do the same things or like the same things as everyone else. Be happy with who you are and what you have. My favorite Bible verse is Hebrews 13:5b "be content with such things as ye have, for He hath said, I will never leave thee nor forsake thee".
5. Don't start drinking diet soda. It's supposed to be horrible for you and once you start, you can't stop. I mean it. I am on day 3 of no Diet Coke and I am starting to realize that they call it Coke for a reason. If I could cook some up in my kitchen right now, I would. I am staying away from fast food drive thru windows like a recovering addict stays away from their favorite dealer's corner.
Ok, so 5 things are enough to get started. Like I said, maybe I'll post more later. Probably I will get distracted or get back on Diet Coke and forget.