Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year, Schmew Year

How are you doing on your resolutions for 2013?

I don't make resolutions, but if I did, here's what they would be:

1.  Lose weight.
Of course this is on pretty much everyone's list.  Even skinny people. Who should be slapped for even saying it.  How many calories does a slap burn?  Because I sure could burn some calories slapping some skinny people who think they are fat.

2.  Eat healthy.
Pretty sure finishing off the leftover Christmas candy and cookies does not a healthy New Year make.  Also, it's cold in January, which makes me want to eat biscuits and gravy for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

3.  Save money.
Pretty sure the fiscal cliff (whatever that is) is going to take care of that.  I've been on my own fiscal precipice pretty much my entire life.   Trying to save money that does not exist makes me feel like a hoarder of invisible things.

4.  Get organized.
Does taking down my Christmas tree the day after Christmas count?  I put all of my Christmas stuff in plastic bins.  Then I go clearance shopping and throw the bags on top of the bins.  That's about as organized as I get.

5.  Be kind.
Many people resolve to try and be kinder, gentler and more compassionate.  I'm actually going to try to make this one happen.  Wanna know how?  I am going to hide some people from my facebook feed.  Which will hopefully make me roll my eyes less and smile more.

What are your New Year's Resolutions?





1 comment:

  1. I agree with most all, especially #5. I am going to really let go of my past and finally accept the grace that has been given me. I am going to look at myself instead of criticizing others. And I am going to forgive-everyone that has ever hurt. My experience has shown me that if I hold on to past hurts, I will continue hurting. In doing that I am keeping out the Grace of God. Have a blessed New Year, snake lady.

    ReplyDelete