Sunday, August 26, 2012

Marriage is like a burrito

Tomorrow is our 18th wedding anniversary.

Which seems like a long time.  For all of you dog lovers out there, that's 126 in dog years.  I am not a dog lover, so I'll stick with the 18.  Plus, saying I've been married for the equivalent of 126 years no matter how you figure it,  just makes me feel super old.

I got married when I was 18, so that makes me 36 now.

If we make it to our Golden Anniversary, I will be 68.
And by "if we make it", I mean if we live that long.  Not "if" we stay married.

And by "if we live that long", I mean "if we don't die of natural causes first", not "if we don't kill each other before then."

Just thought I should clarify.  I know how you people are.

Although, on a side note, if you're wondering:  it doesn't really get easier as the years go by.  I always thought marriage would be a piece of cake by this time.  It's not. Sometimes it's more like breadcrumbs than cake.  Not so sweet and kind of crummy.

On the other hand, sometimes it's better than cake.
I mean, who wants to eat cake all the time?
Not that many people.
And those who do probably get stomachaches.

I don't really know what food to compare marriage to.  Not cake, not breadcrumbs....maybe it's more like an awesome burrito:  filling, sometimes spicy, sometimes cheesy, sometimes causing you to run to the bathroom in angst.  That could totally be a card.  One which I would totally be mad about if I received it as an anniversary card.

Happy Anniversary, Superfrydad. You are an awesome husband.  Mostly.  And I am an awesome wife. Sometimes.  Which is better?  To BE the more awesome spouse or to be married TO the more awesome spouse?  I think I win.

1 comment:

  1. Lol... I'm glad I wasn't drinking anything while reading! My fave line...maybe it's more like an awesome burrito: filling, sometimes spicy, sometimes cheesy, sometimes causing you to run to the bathroom in angst...

    Me and hubs are celebrating five years of burritoed bliss this Saturday :)

    ReplyDelete